A STEAM day was recently held at Dyer Park with the help of staff from IMG and The Honda Classic. There were over 40 students, 22 IMG Volunteers and Chapter staff.
What is STEAM Learning? STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.
Stations were broken up into the following categories:
– Honda Classic Ticket Art Contest
– Putting – Factors of influence on the green using a Tic-Tac-Toe game
– Chipping – Factors of Influence- Wind, Loft, Apex using 21 for MATH
– Full Swing – Kinetic/Potential Energy using swing fan, speed sticks, and ball & ribbon
– Agronomy/Entomology cutting a green hole and equipment knowledge
The evening concluded with pizza, snacks, and prizes were given out afterwards!